Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Birthday Dress: Violette Field Threads Maggie

 
 
Sometimes I apply for pattern testing calls not really thinking that I will be able to make the cut.  Especially when its a pattern maker like Violette Field Threads, who are extremely popular with a huge following.  So when I got the email right around Christmas, I was pleasantly surprised and even happier when I opened the file and found the dress that I was to make. 
 



This is the Maggie Dress.  It has a high-low hem, split sleeves, a contrast belt, and unique shoulder detailing.  It can be made in woven or knit; I chose to make it in this super-soft floral jersey from Girl Charlee. 

I love the flowy-ness of this dress and I think it works beautifully in knit.  As with all VFT patterns, the instructions are clear and concise, and they break it down for you so that even beginners can follow along easily.


And oh yeah, they have the women's version of the Maggie Dress too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!