Monday, August 5, 2013

Pattern Testing: Blank Slate's T times 3 and A Line A la Mode


Have you heard?  Blank Slate Patterns just came out with their fall line.  This is the Tee Times Three.  The pattern has plenty of options including 3 different neckline options.  Looking ahead to fall and winter, I chose to test the peter pan option with long sleeves. The fabric for this little top is a cute birdie print I found at Girl Charlee.  The white polka-dots look line snowballs, yes?  I kinda messed up on the peter pan collar though.  There's a neck band that is supposed to stay on top of the collar.  Since I was testing, I figured that it needed to be sewn down, and that Melissa just missed a step in the directions.  Either way, the shirt looks pretty darn cute.     

The back has a keyhole button closure for easy on/off.

 
This pattern is so versatile; there's also a plain t-shirt neckline as well as a hooded version.  The fit is easy and relaxed and the directions are clear and simple.  I would certainly recommend it as a wardrobe staple.  

 Next up is the A-line A la Mode Dress.   Can you tell I love me a peter pan collar or two?  The fabric is coordinating prints from DS quilts for JoAnn's.


The fun detail here is the exposed zipper.  I would say that Blank Slate Patterns has more of a relaxed fit, so you should probably size down if you prefer a more fitted look.  The great thing is that I can see S fitting this into next spring.

 So that's it.  Another great collection from Blank Slates.  Now I'm off to check out the Zippy Jacket.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I love the knit top with the peter pan collar. Too cute and perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!