Sunday, December 18, 2011

I must say I've been a bit burnt out on sewing for an unappreciative audience.  My last few projects for s has been complete failures.  The hot pink sailor pants and shirt are languishing in s's drawer even as we speak.  The sane is true of the gray velour hoodie and the yoga top.  I am consoling myself with the thought that all those items will grow with her and her penchant for frilly pink ruffly things will end someday soon.




In the meantime, I've moved my sewing space and now have my own dedicated room!  I can close the door and make a mess and not have to worry about little feet stepping on pins.   

3 comments:

  1. i hear ya, i do. i often wonder why i bother making clothes for lila...she has no interest in them at all. you should start sewing stuff for yourself! i'm jealous of your new space, it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck. maybe start sewing for the little one instead? ;) i definitely have to play to E's faves in my decision-making process or she will veto my creations. she won't even wear skirts now, just dresses! love your sewing space too - so clean and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally jealous of your sewing space... . Awesome, awesome.

    Oh I know what that feels like! I try not to take it personally, but sometimes, it's kind of hard not to. ha ha.

    Sometimes I find if I let the girls choose just a few things, like the fabric (I give them a stack for choices), or the ribbon trim, or perhaps a charm to include (from the beading section - like an animal charm that I can put on a ribbon and slip into a seam) or even the pattern, then they are more into it. Doesn't always work though, but sometimes it does

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!