Monday, September 12, 2011

The Easiest Dress Ever

I first discovered this designer called Dans la Lune through Elsie Marley's interviews with pattern designers in the days and weeks leading up to Kid's Clothing Week Challenge.  I bought the Tunic Dress pattern last spring.  And finally got around to making this summery dress just when fall is around the corner.




This is possibly the easiest dress I've ever made.  There are 6 pattern pieces to cut out and they came together so quickly.  I just used pre-made bias tape, the pink I had left over from B's Bonnet. 



The back is held together with the bias trim.  A very sweet and lovely detail.  There's not much more to say about this dress except that I do love the classic lines and the simplicity of it.  I think I will make one for fall, maybe with wool or corduroy....

4 comments:

  1. very nice - i love its simplicity, too. makes me want to dig out my dans la lune pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's super cute, trinh! you can always add tights and a cardigan and it'll carry her through the fall, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute; I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she did wear it with a cardigan yesterday to preschool. she calls it her mermaid dress because of the scalloped pattern on the fabric:).

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!