Monday, June 10, 2013

Pattern Test: Aivilo Charlotte's Shirred Maxi Dress

 
 

I recently tested the Shirred Maxi Dress Pattern designed by Aivilo Charlotte.  I have to admit I've been intimidated by elastic thread and shirring, so when Lisa, the designer, posted a tester call, I jumped at the chance to try out this (for me)  new  technique.  As it turns out, it was so easy and the result is just fabulous. 





I made this dress in under 2 hours.  The fabric is a madras shirting from JoAnn's, again purchased during a red tag clearance sale.  I love that the straps have elastic in them so they won't slip off her shoulders, and that the skirt and ruffles are just wide enough.


This one is another classic and simple style, girly, but not fussy.   The top and dress versions can be found here.  I will update once the maxi version, which is the version that I tested, is released.



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!