Saturday, March 16, 2013

2 Hoodie Dresses

Lately, I've been loving knits.  They are so easy and quick to sew up; I can finish a dress or shirt in usually just one or two sewing sessions.  The added benefit of sewing with knits is that I am reasonably sure that both S and B will wear the finished product on at least a weekly basis. 
 
I sewed up these Hoodie Dresses a few weeks ago and am now just getting around to blogging about them.  The pattern is the Hangout Hoodie by Pee-ka-boo Pattern Shop. 
 

Version number one was made using a JoAnn knit that I found in the red tag clearance area and at 50% off, I believe I paid about $3.00 a yard.  The print is even more bright and garish in real life; I tried to tone it down with the white sleeves, hood, and kangaroo pockets.   I think I mostly succeeded, right?


 
 Ok, on to B's version.  This is a Patty Young print that I found at Mill End a while ago.  I happened to have the perfectly coordinated pink polka-dots on hand from another project.  Can you tell they both really like the kangaroo pockets?


And just because, here is a close-up of B in her Hoodie dress.


5 comments:

  1. Those turned out really great -- and you're right, they do look popular with the clients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so cute! I love the bright colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks for sharing in the flickr pool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! They both look great in their dresses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are super cute and look so comfy! i can't believe how big B is looking...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!