Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mod Top Circle Shirt

I've had it in my head for a while to make S a circle shirt.  When I saw this on pinterest, I knew I had just the right fabric too.  Actually, it was an old silk robe that I've had hanging in my closet for a really long time, rarely worn.  The print was just right, big flowers, a bit mod looking.  Then Project Run and Play's new season began with a remix of Dana's circle skirt tutorial.  That was all I needed to spur me to action.






I made the neckline a bit squarish, and the shape of the overall shirt is more of an oval than a circle.  The fabric was a pain to sew with; it was so thin and slippery that my machine wanted to eat it up.  luckily, my serger saved the day, I used a rolled hem to finish the edges and also red thread cause that was what was on my machine that day.  I also made a matching scarf/headband to complete the outfit.

I'm adding this to the Project Run and Play Pool...There are some seriously talented sewers out there; go check it out!




11 comments:

  1. CUTE, TRINH! I love the circle shirts popping up. This fabric is so rad, too. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're making me want to cut up my robe too! that came out great. nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should totally cut it up. i would love to see what you come up with.

      Delete
  3. Squeal!!! I love what you have done here, your daughter is an adorable model. I would like a top like this. Very good idea to use a rolled hem. I am new to my new-to-me serger, and have not figured out the rolled hem feature yet, but when I do the possibilities look endless.
    I will message you separately re SF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will love your serger. i use a rolled hem whenever hemming looks too difficult or time comsuming. it always comes out looking neat and finished.

      Delete
  4. I love it, S is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so chic! It's really cool, and the fabric looks both incredibly pretty and hard to work with at the same time- but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! coming from you that's a great compliment:)

      Delete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!