Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mod Top Circle Shirt

I've had it in my head for a while to make S a circle shirt.  When I saw this on pinterest, I knew I had just the right fabric too.  Actually, it was an old silk robe that I've had hanging in my closet for a really long time, rarely worn.  The print was just right, big flowers, a bit mod looking.  Then Project Run and Play's new season began with a remix of Dana's circle skirt tutorial.  That was all I needed to spur me to action.






I made the neckline a bit squarish, and the shape of the overall shirt is more of an oval than a circle.  The fabric was a pain to sew with; it was so thin and slippery that my machine wanted to eat it up.  luckily, my serger saved the day, I used a rolled hem to finish the edges and also red thread cause that was what was on my machine that day.  I also made a matching scarf/headband to complete the outfit.

I'm adding this to the Project Run and Play Pool...There are some seriously talented sewers out there; go check it out!




11 comments:

  1. CUTE, TRINH! I love the circle shirts popping up. This fabric is so rad, too. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're making me want to cut up my robe too! that came out great. nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should totally cut it up. i would love to see what you come up with.

      Delete
  3. Squeal!!! I love what you have done here, your daughter is an adorable model. I would like a top like this. Very good idea to use a rolled hem. I am new to my new-to-me serger, and have not figured out the rolled hem feature yet, but when I do the possibilities look endless.
    I will message you separately re SF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will love your serger. i use a rolled hem whenever hemming looks too difficult or time comsuming. it always comes out looking neat and finished.

      Delete
  4. This is so chic! It's really cool, and the fabric looks both incredibly pretty and hard to work with at the same time- but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! coming from you that's a great compliment:)

      Delete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!