Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Make (Believe) Collection by Pattern Anthology


The gals of Pattern Anthology have done it again!  They've put together a truly cohesive collection with all the details and style that we've come to expect from them.  The collection comes with 4 patterns: the Bookworm Button-Up, the Adventure Tee, The Imagine Jacket, and the Explorer Hoodie.  This time around, there are a few different packages to chose from: but basically you can get the patterns for under $5.00 per pattern.  That's a steal in my opinion.  There's also an e-book of activities for children included in a few of the packages.  I've looked over the e-book and am so excited to get started on these activities.  Now that summer is here, my girls and I have a lot of time on our hands and its nice to be able to reach for a structured activity.  You can read more about the different packages  and the e-book here.
 
I was one of the lucky testers chosen to test all four of the new patterns.  If you've never tried a placket, or sewn a collar with a collar stand, or installed a zipper, these patterns are just the perfect place to start. 
 
 
 
 

 
The Bookworm Button-Up includes boy and girl versions with 3 back options, 3 sleeve options, and 3 pocket options.  This is the girly version with bow sleeves and pockets, and a pleated back. 
 


 
My version of the Adventure Tee has rolled-up sleeves with button tabs and a hi-low hem.




 
I made 2 Imagine Jackets, one for each girl.  For S's, I used a super-soft brushed cotton and for B, a purple velour.  Both jackets have ruched sleeves and shoulder patches.  I love how different the jackets look with the different fabrics.  The jacket also comes with regular sleeves and a color-blocked shoulder option.
 
  And finally, the Explorer Hoodie is a comfy, loose-fitting top perfect for cooler months.  It has two zipper options: angled and straight.  I made mine in an organic sweatshirt fleece.
 
The Make (Believe) Collection is available for only 2 weeks, so get it while you can! 
 
http://patternanthology.com/products/make-believe-pants
(image from Pattern Anthology)
 
 

1 comment:

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!