Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer KCW: Origami Skirt and Nelle Dress

The last day of  the first ever summer KCW snuck up on me.  There's big changes with this season's KCW, a new interactive website, which I tried out for the first time today, and 2 additional seasonal challenges.  I'm not really sure if the old Elsie Marley flickr pool is still in use or not, but I kinda miss the blog links on people's projects.  Hopefully this feature will be added with the next challeng.

So anyway, I was pretty busy with a couple of selfish sewing projects, but I did manage to complete 2 items for S.  First up is the Origami Skirt by a new designer, Rabbit Rabbit Creations.

 
I absolutely love this skirt, so much so that I made the adult version for myself, in exactly the same fabric and everything, but more on that later.   It's a pretty simple A-line skirt with a flat front and elasticized back.  The peek-a-boo pleats just off center, though, is what makes this skirt truly unique.
 
So onto my next project: the Nelle Dress by Brownie-Goose.  This was my first Brownie-Goose pattern, and let me tell you, it will not be my last.  I loved the simplicity of this little dress. 

 
So that's it for Summer 2013 KCW!  Now to explore the website some more and see what other people have posted.

2 comments:

  1. Both pieces are so cute..love the dress on S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces are adorable! I love that skirt.:)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!