Monday, January 28, 2013

Peek a Boo Pattern's Puffy Alpine Wonderland Coat

I recently had a chance to test out Peek-a-Boo Pattern's Puffy Alpine Wonderland Coat.  Here's my version:

I used a quilted outerwear fabric for the main fabric and soft french terry for the lining.  The fur on the hood is a sparkly  trim.  All the fabrics were found at JoAnn's and came from my stash.
 

Instead of buttons or snaps, I sewed on velcro just so that she could fasten them up herself. I was afraid that the coat would constantly pop open with the velcro, but they actually work really well.  She is warm and snuggly in that coat.

Have you been to Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop?  So many cute patterns to chose from.  I have my eye on this and this.

Thank you Amy for letting me test out this great pattern. 

2 comments:

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!