Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Spring-Time Apple-Picking Dress

Everytime I make a new Oliver & S Pattern, I wonder why I ever bother with other patterns.  Everything always comes together so perfectly and the fit is always right on, not to mention that the directions are clear and is supported by concise pictures and diagrams.  The Apple -Picking Dress is no exception. 

I've hoarded this fabric in my stash for quite a while until this pattern came along.  It's called Bliss by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.  I just love the combination of aqua and red.  Looking at this fabric makes me happy and reminds me of springtime and sunshine.

 


The Size 3 on my 4 year old is a teensy bit short but fits perfectly everywhere else.

 




She loves the dress too because it is twirly with the double flounce on the skirt and has a big bow, not to mention the little red flower buttons that perfectly match the flowers on the fabric.


 On to my next Oliver & S creation.

5 comments:

  1. oh it's soooo cute! great fabric for it.i love her braids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! perfect fabric and it looks like S loves it!! like your new blog look, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm a new reader but just wanted to tell you how much I love this dress. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!