Monday, June 2, 2014

The Mimi Dress!!!


My baby is turning four this week.  Here she is a couple of months ago wearing the Mimi Dress Pattern by Filles et Maman.  I love this chic little dress.  It's made entirely out of knit but is constructed as you would a woven dress.  The collar is interfaced to make it easier to sew.  And the best part, Mel shows you how to turn the button loop tube in the most clever way.

I added flat piping to the collar and sleeve cuffs to differentiate those features from the rest of the dress.  I think my favorite part of this dress is the asymmetrical peter pan collar and the keyhole opening underneath.
There is also an option for a collar-less top, or a dress, or a collared top.  Plus long-sleeves.  You can mix and match to your heart's content.

She looks very Parisian, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Love the dress! The piping really makes the details stand out. I hope your little one has a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!