Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lovely RIta's and Endless Dress

 
 
Remember my last post in which I was debating between leggings and Peekaboo's Skinny Jeans?  Well, I decided to go somewhere in between in terms of complexity.  These are the Lovely Rita's by Shwin Designs
 
 
 
They were super duper easy though and took a couple of hours at most.  I love that they have just enough details to make them look polished and unique and still be an easy sew.
 


On reflection though, I probably should have done the topstitching in a contrasting color.  The pockets got a little lost in the print.


One more project to share: this is the Endless Dress by Jocole.  This is a pattern test for a new-to- me designer.  The pattern includes a bunch of options but you can also purchase an add-on that includes a pattern piece for a placket as well as instructions for a pieced chevron bodice, applique embellishment, and freezer paper stencil.  Seriously, the options are "endless."


Poor S had to model outside in almost blizzard conditions that day, thus the expression on her face.  I have some selfish sewing projects to share in a future post, but did you know it is almost time for another KCW? 

1 comment:

  1. Love the jeans and the top both! The dress is super cute too -- S is looking so grown up these days.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting! you've made my day!